So You Want a Pet… What about a Cat?
Pets are great companions and often lifelong friends. If you’re looking to add a pet to your family, you want to make sure you get an animal that fits your lifestyle and personality. That’s why the experts at Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill have a helpful list of reasons to adopt a cat.
5 Reasons to Give a Kitty a Forever Home
When it comes to furry animals, cats make great pets for a variety of reasons:
- Despite popular stereotypes, cats are very affectionate animals! Similar to dogs, they have their own personalities. While there are cats who may act cold and standoffish, most cats enjoy playtime, snuggles, and hanging out with you. If you’re looking for a cuddly companion to be your best friend, cats are a great option!
- Typically, cats are a lower level of commitment than dogs. Although cats might want just as much attention from you as a dog might, cats require slightly less hourly maintenance. Unlike dogs, cats take themselves to the bathroom, just like you! For the most part, they’re also fine being alone for a day.
- Playtime can be more independent. While many dogs rely on humans for their playtime, cats are often extremely independent when it comes to playing. They do enjoy playing with you, of course, but most can easily entertain themselves given the right toys!
- Good bug and rodent deterrents! Cats love to catch mice, rats, and bugs of all kinds. You won’t have a rodent problem with a cat around.
- Cats are good for your mental health. Cats make great at-home support animals. They’re intelligent and know when you’re feeling down. A furry friend is a great way to boost mood and morale when you’re feeling low.
Looking to Adopt? Call the Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill for Info
The Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill always has information on cat adoption and often hosts or participates in adoption events. For more information on adoption, or to learn if a cat is the right pet for you, call the experts at the Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill at 856-662-2662 today!