If you’re looking to adopt a pet, cats are great companions and often lifelong friends. They can be one of the best additions to your family when it comes to pets. If you’re a first time cat-owner though, you may still have some misgivings or even some misconceptions about cats, so the cat experts at Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill have compiled a helpful list of reasons you should adopt a cat this summer.
Reasons to Adopt a Cat This Summer
When it comes to pets, cats make great additions to your family for many reasons:
- If you are looking for a low maintenance pet who provides a little more freedom for summer plas, then a cat is for you! Traditionally, cats are a lower level of commitment than dogs. Although cats will vy for your attention like dogs might, cats require slightly less hourly maintenance. Unlike dogs, cats take themselves to the bathroom, just like you! For the most part, they’re also fine being alone for a day so you can hit the beach or the baseball game.
- Despite all the stereotypes, cats are actually quite affectionate animals! Similar to most animals and even people, they have their own personalities. Most cats enjoy playtime, cuddles, and just hanging out with you. If you’re looking for a snuggly companion to keep you company this summer, a cat is the pet for you!
- For kitties, playtime can also be more independent. While many dogs rely on humans for their playtime, cats are often extremely independent when it comes to playing. They do enjoy playing with you, of course, but most can easily entertain themselves given the right toys!
- Good bug and rodent deterrents! Cats are natural hunters, and they love to catch mice, rats, and bugs of all kinds. You won’t have a rodent problem with a cat around.
- Cats are scientifically proven to be good for your mental health. Cats make great at-home support animals. They’re intelligent and know when you’re feeling down. A furry friend is a great way to boost mood and morale when you’re feeling low.
Call the Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill for Info on Adoption
The Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill always has information on cat adoption and often hosts or participates in adoption events, especially in summer! For more information on cat adoption, or to learn if a cat is the right pet for you, call the experts at the Cat Clinic at Cherry Hill at 856-662-2662 today!